Momentary vision loss upon standing led this teenager to visit the eye doctor, whose referral led to a tumor diagnosis.
- Patient had gone to ER a few weeks ago with back pain and headaches.
- ER gave her ibuprofen and a referral to neurologist.
- Scheduled an MRI but mother missed the appointment and patient was not seen.
- I stressed to the mom the importance of getting the MRI done immediately.
- Turns out the patient does have a tumor.
Another major medical “save” by an OD!Read & Comment on ODs on Facebook