As we know, contact lens discomfort is the number one reason for contact lens dropout (followed by vision not being as clear and then cost). When patients come into my office and complain about discomfort, here are some questions I ask them:
- Do you notice discomfort right away or only toward the end of the day?
- When the weather is excessively hot or cold or windy, do you notice a difference?
- Are you using any eye drops with or without lenses?
- What solutions are you using?
- How often are you disposing of your lenses?
- Is this a new problem or have you noticed this for a while?
If you would like to read this complete article, please sign up to become a member.